Luke Beat “ Knobs EP” by DJ Ness Afro
Luke apporte sa touche unique en découpant astucieusement des samples et en sculptant des beats à la fois nostalgiques et rêveurs, mélangeant les influences Hip Hop, Jazz et R&B et démontrant dans chaque morceau sa maîtrise de cet art. La chronique de DJ Ness Afro :
– Experience the skills and love of Luke Beats with his latest upcoming release due March 24th on the label Little Beat More. He released last year in a vinyl postcard with for the first time in the world a good audio quality.
– With over 20 years of experience as a bass player and hip hop producer, Luke is a maestro in his craft. Bass player of the major indie rap MC called Willie Peyote.
Luke is a collector of Bass Guitars and sampler like Akai, Roland, Teenage and software sampler like Serato Studio. This 5 track Hip Hop Instrumental Ep is diverse and full of sunshiny vibes. The opening track ‘George’s Joint’ is a beautifull balad with hypnotic samples that sundenly turns into a darker atmosphere. Full of funky beats like the track’ ROm3O!’ with it’s heavy bass and great vocal samples will want you to stand up and dance to his music. Listening to one of my favorite ‘Retro Sunny Day’ will want you to lounge with your loved ones and just feel the positive side of life.
“Jungle Boogie” is clearly inspired by Kool & the Gang and any great MC will want to rhyme on Luke’s addictive loop. The final track ‘Knobs’ is probably a futur classic with it’s hip hop piano Anthem and jumpy beat, Star Wars Lazers and futuristic samples from the Galaxy will send you into orbit.
Clearly inspired by beatmaking legends like Jay Dilla , Pete Rock, DJ Premier or J-Swift, Luke will surprise you when mentions that French beat makers like Parental, Lex (de Kalhex) or even Dela are great.
– Luke brings his unique touch by cleverly cutting samples and carving beats that are both nostalgic and dreamy, blending Hip Hop, Jazz and R&B influences and showcasing in each track his mastery of this art. As a beatmaker he works for major indie rap artists like Willie Peyote, Gui Protest and many other respected MC from Italy.
Willie Peyote very much involved with Sanremo Music Festival, his song « Mai dire mai (La locura) », winning the Mia Martini critics award in Italy.
– To enrich the soundscape, the EP features an original artwork by Turin-based artist Matteo Baracco, which gives visual life to this chillful and open-hearted music. Turn up the volume and enjoy the sounds of Luke Beats: a tribute to the greats of beatmaking, as well as a testimony of love for hip hop culture. With this new EP Luke Beats has clearly entered the world of future super gifted beat makers that will want you to come back for more.
– The label that releases music from Luke Beats is owned by Italian DJ / producer Woxow. Based in Vienna, Austria.
Woxow is a DJ, producer, promoter of events and founder of the eclectic label Little Beat More, based in Vienna. The Label has released nearly 30 releases of great music with Blu Rum 13 ( One Self / DJ Vadim ), Akil from Jurassic 5 and even legendary Jamaican singer Ken Boothe..
He had the honor to organise one of the very first italian gig of Alborosie when his hit « Herbalist » came out, and one of the last gig from rocksteady legend Alton Ellis.
His passion for Reggae and Hip Hop had him work with MC’s like Akil from Jurassic 5 and many more.
Woxow used to live in Marseille and he met a band called Magnetic Tailors with 6 members Thomas MARION, Jérôme PIANA, Brice GRAZZINI, Romain de l’Ecotais, Romain Delord and well known beat maker JACIN. Magnetic Tailors is a band that plays great Reggae but also loves to do Hip Hop fusion tunes with many guests like that will be the main vinyl release this summer for the label.
Woxow dj sets and music productions reflect the experiences and influences accumulated during twenty years of digging, exploring and performing on stages and in clubs all over Europe, with a sound that focuses on black music, investigating its roots and ranging from funk to jazz, from hip hop to electronic Global Beats, from Tropical Bass to Afrofuturism.
Latin America to Africa from the Middle East to the Caribbean and deep Europe: a melting pot of influences and atmospheres that will take your soul on an endless journey around the world and beyond…
Luke Beats Links :
Laisser un commentaire